PowerBuilder (Appeon) Consultancy, Development, Migrations and Support
PowerBuilder’s strengths in enabling rapid application development and low cost deployment made it a business success throughout the 1990’s when OCS first began providing PowerBuilder based consultancy, application development, migration expertise, maintenance and support services. Many businesses continue to benefit from their PowerBuilder application and database systems, often extending their input via integration with new platforms and interfaces that OCS has assisted with the implementation.
OCS’ PowerBuilder services cover the full application lifecycle, thus guaranteeing its clients’ benefitting from the value captured and nurtured in their PowerBuilder suite of applications. Integration with the expanding technological platforms, interfaces and devices is often at the core of sustaining value. Appeon’s agreement with SAP for PowerBuilder is a very positive forward step and the embedding of Appeon Web and Appeon Mobile in PowerBuilder will aid the continuation of value from PowerBuilder applications.
It is generally accepted that unlocking value capture in “legacy” systems is not simple or straightforward. Replacing legacy with new is fraught with risks and often costs more than budgeted; unanticipated loss of or depreciated functionality often results.
OCS has extensive experience in extending established systems – this is part of the difference in our approach – legacy/heritage suggest value has been, whilst established presents value as visible and available.
OCS has extended many established PowerBuilder applications with .NET (C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET), Java and PHP applications and services as well as updating the PowerBuilder technology stack. Appeon Mobile and Appeon Web offer greater opportunities.
We have active PowerBuilder assignments across Europe and deliver services to clients globally.
If you require help for your established PowerBuilder applications then drop an email to Linda or James to discuss how our experience and capability can bring value to you.
Examples of PowerBuilder (Appeon) projects
- Updates to an Insurance Claims Management System based on PowerBuilder to provide web and smart device access to claimants and assessors whilst at remote locations
- Migration for Health Insurance Systems for multiple UN Agencies from PowerBuilder 7 / SQL Server 2000 to PowerBuilder 12.6 / SQL 2012
- PowerBuilder consultancy for assessing and recommending technology upgrades to the IT platform as well as advising on integration and web services for a large London based financial institution
- Operational Support (SLA based) for a national financial services consortium’s PowerBuilder applications overseeing contract administration and reporting, including provision of an end client portal with portfolio and product performance and visualisation capabilities
- PowerBuilder upgrade project from v12 to v12.5.1 / SQL Server 2008 – 2012 of a core business system for a global motor manufacturer in their Warranty, Parts and Dealer areas
- Analysis, design and implementation of a property rent and yield analysis system developed in PowerBuilder and MS SQL Server with OLE interfaces to an Excel spreadsheet for an international Property Management Group
- Business as Usual (BAU) service for three PowerBuilder systems that support the UK business units of a global automotive organisation, including a on client site service desk
- Enhancements to a PowerBuilder v12 on SQL Server 2012 global capacity management system for an international telecommunications provide to model and optimise the expanded global network
- Designed and delivered a national resource management system to model a branch network exceeding 3000 sites. The modelling component was refreshed monthly from the mainframe central systems as well as several PoS applications. It was identified that the modelling was capturing, cleansing, storing and analytically structuring the data more accurately and timely than the central Data Warehouse, so an extension to provide Branch BI (KPI Dashboards, MI Reporting, Analytical Cubes) was provided.
- Designed and built a PowerBuilder financial system to reconcile credit agreements against orders for a leading UK Retail chain
- Provision of expert advice and guidance on the use of PowerBuilder in an n-tier architecture Global clearance system, comprising hands-on coaching, implementation of best practice and application design reviews for a Worldwide Shipping Organisation.